Tuesday 11 June 2013

Off to Lisbon!

I am extremely excited because in just under a week I fly out to Lisbon, Portugal, for the annual Rotary International Convention! I am actually stopping over in Paris for a few nights on the way - I figured because I'm going all the way to Europe I should stop over somewhere else for a little holiday!

There is such a fabulous fellowship on Facebook for Rotarians, particularly for eClubs, and I have now booked myself solidly for the entire stay in Lisbon with official, unofficial and social events specifically pertaining to eClubs and Rotary on social media! Watch out - I'll be coming back armed with heaps of ideas to really make our eClub rock!

For those who are interested, there are three extremely good groups I would suggest you have a look at on Facebook - Rotarians on Social Networks Fellowship (ROSNF), Rotarians on the Internet (ROTI), and Rotary eClubs. There are, of course, hundreds of Facebook pages and groups relevant to Rotarians, but I would recommend these three in particular if you are interested in the world of eClubs. If you want to find contact details of other Rotary eClubs around the world, check out the "eClub Hub" page on Facebook.

And of course, don't forget our own Rotary E-Club of Melbourne Facebook page and our closed Facebook group! We have 90 "likes" for our Facebook page last I checked - let's make that 100! Invite your friends to like our page too! 

I will be putting links to all these pages and groups on our website to make them easy to find.

So, what am I going to get up to in Lisbon? 

I arrive in the afternoon of the 21st, and have the rest of the day to orient myself with everything. The next day (22nd) is my only "free" day in Lisbon, so I am planning on using the Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour to see the sights and, as the tour name suggests, hop on and off where and when I want. On the 23rd the convention begins in full swing, and after the day's sessions I am attending the ROSNF evening drinks - which is conveniently at the same hotel in which I am staying, so I [almost] definitely won't get lost on the way to that event!

The 24th brings a Social Media breakout session and in the evening the eClub One Annual Dinner. The 25th is the eClubs Breakfast, and there are a couple of breakout sessions on Social Media and eClubs during the day. The rest of the time will be convention sessions, and hopefully a lot of time to spend in the Hall of Friendship - a huge version of our marketplaces that are at most Rotary events. 

My exam time is ticking closer, so time to sign off - I will be posting and blogging more soon!

Yours In Rotary,

Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment